Software Engineering team augmentation for the largest digital agency in Estonia
Client: ADM Interactive
Industry: IT Consulting and IT Services
What Happens When Georgian and Estonian Developers Work Together?
There’s something about post-soviet country friendships. Maybe, it’s the somewhat similar histories, maybe, it’s the likely cultures, or maybe, it’s the combination of both. Estonia and Georgia are great examples of this kind of fellowship.
The effectiveness of Estonia-Georgian cooperation in the IT field makes a lot of sense, doesn't it? Estonia has been an established global tech hub for so long now that it’s no longer a surprise when we hear about successful tech companies from there. Many even say that Tallinn is a new Silicon Valley. And, this fast-growing market of tech start-ups needs people who can work in a dynamic environment.
On the other hand, the amount of people who choose to pursue their careers in tech fields has skyrocketed over the last years in Georgia, making this country an emerging homeland of IT talents, the vast majority of which can speak different languages and thus can work remotely.
The Case of ADM
One of our clients, ADM Interactive, is an Estonian digital solutions agency:
“We establish strategies and create tactics. We develop service solutions, e-commerce and sales platforms and websites both for desktop and mobile.” - ADM Interactive
ADM Interactive unites professionals from eastern Europe and not only. Our Georgian talents work through this agency for many big enterprises and even the Estonian Government.
To demonstrate our relationship and how it started, we interviewed Maria Eelmets - Talent Acquisition Lead at ADM Interactive.
• How did you first hear about Gegidze?
- Well, who remembers that far back? Reaching out to find new connections in different countries brought us together, and we’re happy it did.
• What challenges necessitated a change?
- During the last couple of years, the market has been through a lot of change in general. Being that ADM is based in Tallinn, Estonia, the „Silicon Valley of Europe, “we’re dealing with an extremely high number of tech companies and start-ups in a really small country of just 1.3 million of population. Although we have a significant number of IT specialists, it’s still not enough to ensure the growth of all the tech companies here. We’ve been working with team members from other European countries (and beyond) for years, but we had to reach out even further. As our growth plans were big and the pace was fast, we couldn’t rely on only our internal teams but had to find outside partners to collaborate with.
• What feature of our product was most appealing?
- Honestly, it’s never just the product or the service, and it’s the people behind it. We’ve had excellent communication between our internal teams and Gegidze. We’ve found that our cultures, values, and ideas are often similar, and that makes it easy to communicate in the best way.
• How has our solution helped since its implementation?
- Gegidze has been a great partner in finding solutions fast for us in situations where we need urgent help and action taken immediately. We’ve found solutions to fit best for all parties, and the Gegidze team has become a part of our own team in many ways.
Out Talent, Dito has been working for Enterprise clients through ADM for over a year now, where he cooperates with other Estonian developers in his team. They work on Enterprise client's react components for online stores.
“Enterprise client Inc is a global company whose products like laptops, desktops, and printers, among others, need no introduction. Over the past 20 years, we have developed countless web pages and a number of various systems for Enterprise Clients. For nearly a decade, the largest ongoing project for us has been the European Online Store.” - ADM Interactive
Dito outlined that the most significant reason why he finds working along with his Estonian co-workers so effective and even easy is that they are super adequate people. “I don’t think that the cultural aspect is the only reason why it is so simple for me to work with my Estonian colleagues. The friendly atmosphere that we have in our team is one of the most essential parts of making our communication barrier-free and the projects we work on - successful.” We couldn’t agree more with Dito, especially about the friendliness part.
All in all, at Gegidze, we believe that we have remarkable chemistry with our Estonian friends, and it does not matter whether it is due to the similarity of values, traditions, beliefs, or so on. The most important part is to translate this connection into something bigger and help companies and upscale businesses in Estonia with the joint force of Estonian and Georgian Talents.
That’s where Gegidze comes in, so if you want to grow your team with top talents from Georgia, get in touch.